Happy Spring YMCA friends!
Summer days are not far away!
We just began our first session of Y Swim lessons at Pearson Park pool, and we expect over 3,000 children to take part in our world-class Learn to Swim program over the next 6 months.
Not a day goes by that I don’t hear or read a positive comment about the work the Anaheim Family YMCA is doing to change lives. Our bright and caring staff make programs and classes special and available to all our residents, regardless of their financial situation. I am proud of our mission that never turns its back on anyone in need.
Our Spring is full of great programs and I hope you have had an opportunity to see them firsthand or go through our Y web pages that list our services. Please take a moment to mention us to your friends too!
Here are some highlights from the second quarter:
- 8,500 meals are provided weekly to families in need.
- 36 schools provide essential after-school programming.
- Our YMCA Community Complex has new sponsors promoting their organization while helping us keep programs available.
- Our 4th Annual Gala honored Anaheim luminary Bill Taormina.
- Disneyland Resort continues to support our AVANZA Teen Workforce Development program.
- Our board of directors approved a plan for the expansion of the YMCA Community Complex.
- Community stakeholders Anabel Arroyo, Leilani Beck, Tina Riley, and Sergio Ramirez joined our board of directors to help us fulfill our mission.
- Angels Baseball hosted a JR42 Clinic for youth participants to practice drills and learn about the legacy and leadership of Jackie Robinson at the YMCA Community Complex.
- The Anaheim Ducks held a street hockey clinic with 60 youth participating, and a player appearance from Anaheim Ducks defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk and Team President Aaron Teats, while also receiving a $5,000 scholarship gift from the NHL Players Inclusion Coalition.
It’s a great time to be in the Anaheim region and the YMCA will continue to build healthy lives, strengthen youth development, and promote social responsibility in all we do.
Thanks to your support we will strive to do even more.
President and CEO