Working or volunteering for the Y gives you the extraordinary opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives, build and model good character, and grow as a leader. You’ll take home the smile you get from teaching children to tie their shoes or to do the backstroke.
MAKE AN IMPACT
WITH YOUR CAREER
Be the change you want to see in the world — from teaching the next generation to designing programs that address the health and wellness of our community. Join our team of exceptional leaders making a difference through the Y! Learn about being part of our team of 400+ full and part-time employees.
The Anaheim Family YMCA is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the professional development of staff, offering benefits and career opportunities. The Y offers an exceptional wage and benefits package for full-time employees, which includes:
Health & Dental Insurance
Time-off Benefits-vacation, sick leave, holiday
Funded Retirement Plan
Flexible Work Schedules
Discounted Program Fees
The Anaheim Family YMCA uses E-Verify as part of the I-9 process to verify the work eligibility of all new hires.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
YOU CAN HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE
It is only through the support of our volunteers and donors that we are able to give back to our communities. When you work or volunteer at the Y, you take an active role in bringing about meaningful change in your community
You can help at the Y in a variety of roles supporting youth development, healthy living and social responsibility in our community. No matter how to devote your time, you will be working with other volunteers and Y professionals to make a difference in the lives of children and families.
VOLUNTEERS OF THE Y
• Board of Directors – Board volunteers bring credibility to the Y through their visibility in the community, their professional expertise and their passion for community building. They are involved with the planning and advancing of the mission and vision of the Anaheim Family YMCA.
• Annual Support Campaign – Since the Y subsidizes those in need, it is a continuous effort
to secure funding to support the significant amount of financial assistance provided. Help the
Y raise funds to ensure programs such as camp, dance, swim and sports are accessible to all
members of the community.
• Child, Youth and Family Programs – The Y provides a nurturing and caring environment
for participants and families through all YMCA programs. Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills, and relationships that lead to positive behavior, better
health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals.
• Special Events – Be part of our team of volunteers helping at annual events like our volleyball or golf tournament, gymnastic showcase, Good Friday Breakfast and more!
• Minimum age of 14 (with parental permission)
• Complete online volunteer application
• Successfully clear the Y’s mandatory screening process
1. Interview with Volunteer/Program Coordinator
2.Personal Reference Checks
3.Fingerprint & Background Check
4.National Sex Offender Registry
5.Tuberculosis (TB) Test (or submit proof that you have been tested in the past 2 years)
• Review and sign the Volunteer Handbook and all associated volunteer paperwork
• Complete department specific training, as well as Child Abuse Training
• Attend scheduled Volunteer Orientation
Contact Info: Jasmine Ayon Volunteer Coordinator, email@example.com
Are you majoring in HR and looking to get credit for a class or perhaps to get hands-on
experience in the field. If your answer is YES, feel free to forward your resume directly to HR at