YMCA’s are volunteer founded, volunteer based, and volunteer led. They are at the heart of every YMCA, and that ‘s why YMCA’s are at the heart of community life in more than 10,000 communities nationwide.
Here at the Anaheim Family YMCA, volunteers have opportunities in sports, camp, academics, and enrichment programs, to name a few. Please take a moment to review the many opportunities you have to join the YMCA movement and make a difference.
Volunteers of the Y
- Lead our Boards of Directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
- Complete online application
- Interview: All applicants will be interview by a Volunteer/Program Coordinator
- All volunteers over the age of 18 will be screened in compliance with the law, this includes:
- Checking References
- Screening volunteers against the National Sex Offender Registry
- Tuberculosis Test (TB): For volunteers working on school sites, you may be asked to submit proof that you have been tested in the last 2 years