You can help at the Y in a variety of roles supporting youth development, healthy living and social responsibility in our community. No matter how to devote your time, you will be working with other volunteers and Y professionals to make a difference in the lives of children and families.
Volunteers of the Y
- Board of Directors- Board volunteers bring credibility to the Y through their visibility in the community, their professional expertise and their passion for community building. They are involved with the planning and advancing of the mission and vision of the Anaheim Family YMCA.
- Annual Support Campaign- Since the Y subsidizes those in need, it is a continuous effort to secure funding to support the significant amount of financial assistance provided. Help the Y raise funds to ensure programs such as camp, dance, swim and sports are accessible to all members of the community.
- Child, Youth and Family Programs- The Y provides a nurturing and caring environment for participants and families through all YMCA programs. Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills, and relationships that lead to positive behavior, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals.
- Special Events- Be part of our team of volunteers helping at annual events like our volleyball or golf tournament, gymnastic showcase, Good Friday Breakfast and more!
- Minimum age of 14 (with parental permission)
- Complete online volunteer application
- Successfully clear the Y’s mandatory screening process
- Interview with Volunteer/Program Coordinator
- Personal Reference Checks
- Fingerprint & Background Check
- National Sex Offender Registry
- Tuberculosis (TB) Test (or submit proof that you have been tested in the past 2 years)
- Review and sign the Volunteer Handbook and all associated volunteer paperwork
- Complete department specific training, as well as Child Abuse Training
- Attend scheduled Volunteer Orientation