Early Learning Readiness
Free program for children and caregivers
The YMCA’s Early Learning Readiness Program provides a stimulating classroom environment for children infants-5 yrs to play and learn while developing the physical, verbal and social skills they’ll need to start school ready to succeed. The program focuses on increasing the school readiness of young children in low-income families.
In an informal setting with multiple play stations, adults will learn more about how children develop and how they can encourage learning and skill building at home.
- Program starts on November 13, 2017
- Open to children ages infant to 5 years old & their adult caregivers – parent, aunt or uncle, older brother or sister, grandparent, neighbor, or nanny
- Classes are Mondays and Thursdays (Hours: TBD)
- Instruction in English and Spanish
- Program is located at Stanton Civic Center: 7800 Katella Ave., Stanton, CA 90680
- To empower caregivers and parents of young children with the tools they need to help their children to achieve school readiness
- To help caregivers understand the important role they play in their child’s development and school success
- To provide children ages infant to 5 years old from low income communities an enriching learning environment
- Strengthen family and community bonds in class between the child and caregiver, between caregivers, and between caregivers and facilitators