After School Care Jobs
Now in its 16th year, the Anaheim Achieves after school program serves more than 7,000 students daily in elementary, junior high and high schools. The program has received state and national recognition for its commitment to community collaboration and dedication to educational excellence.
Thanks to this program, students are taking a greater interest in learning and making smarter life choices after school. They have a safe, positive and enriching place to explore their unique talents and interests, and discover their full potential. That makes for confident kids today and contributing and engaged adults tomorrow.
Duties/Responsibilities: Will provide a safe, nurturing environment for all program participants. Will supervise large group of students (ages 5-18 years) in age appropriate academic, literacy, enrichment, sports, homework assistance, and health related activities. Observe and manage behavior of students according to approved policies and procedures under the direction of the Site Program Supervisor. Be alert and sensitive to individual needs of the program participants and follow all health/safety/risk management practices. Must attend various on-going training sessions (monthly).
Qualifications: Must have a H.S. Diploma or G.E.D.; experience working with children (paid or volunteer) preferred, but not required; bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred, but not required.
Hours: Part-Time/Non-Exempt. Should be available Monday-Friday from 2:00pm – 6pm; Hours will vary and there may be earlier start times as needed. There may be reduced or no hours during school district days off throughout the school year and during school holiday breaks and/or summer months.
Wage: $13.00 per hour.
Refer to the Job Description for more details on the duties/qualifications of the position available from Human Resources.
Anaheim Achieves Program Supervisor
- Duties/Responsibilities: Plan, implement, manage, and evaluate after school program; will recruit, train, motivate, supervise 4-10 adult staff, volunteer mentors/tutors and supervise approximately 150 youth (ages 5-18); develop parent relationships; recruit students/monitor attendance; collect program fees; collaborate with community agencies/school district; act as liaison with school staff; plan and implement special events; manage site budget.
- Qualifications: Must be at least 18 years of age; H.S. Diploma or G.E.D.; bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required with major emphasis in early childhood education, child development or education with at least 2 years experience working with children; computer/internet literate- MS Word/Excel; valid CA Driver License with clear record
- Hours: Full-time non-exempt position; hours vary (including evenings and weekends)
- Wage: $41,600.00 per year (depending on education/experience)
- Refer to Job Description for full duties/qualifications of the position available from H.R
This position provides support to the Anaheim Achieves Program. Under the direction of the Program Supervisor, this position will tutor students in higher level math, sciences, AP classes, or any other class that students may need assistance.
- Tutor students in higher math, sciences, AP classes, or any other class that students may need assistance.
- Provide homework assistance, educational, literacy and enrichment activities to students as directed by the Program Supervisor.
- Know and follow the core values of the YMCA-caring, respect, responsibility and honesty with student, parents, co-workers and school staff and volunteers.
- Observe and monitor behavior of students according to approved procedures; report progress regarding student performance and behavior to Program Supervisor.
- Be constantly alert and sensitive to the individual needs of the students. In attempting to meet those needs, guide the students in all areas: emotional, academic, physical, social, and ethical.
- Relate to the student with respect, caring, kindness, and concern. Always be ready to listen, and to provide each student with positive input to build a healthy self-image.
- NEVER leave students unsupervised inside school buildings.
- NEVER be alone with one student. Always have another staff member or another student present. Follow the Rule of 3.
- Assure the health and safety of student/employees by following all health and safety practices and procedures. Notify the Program Supervisor immediately if a student is injured.
- Maintain professional boundaries with students at all times. No fraternization or contact is permitted outside Y sponsored activities/programs or on social media.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and possess at least a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must currently hold a position as AVID tutor at an AUHSD High School (must be able to provide proof)
- Ability to use typical business software and office equipment.
- Understanding of the nature and purpose of the YMCA and the respective roles of volunteers and staff.
- As a YMCA Business Driver, the employee must possess a valid/current CA Driver’s License or other valid state driver’s license and must provide to the Y proof of minimum CA vehicle insurance coverage upon request & must also maintain an approved/acceptable driving record. An annual MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) will be conducted by the Y. Employees who are YMCA Business Drivers who do not maintain an acceptable driving record may be prohibited from being a Business Driver which could affect employment status.
- Must submit to and comply with all requirements for employment including, but not limited to, a criminal background check, drug/alcohol testing, health screening, TB test.
Hours: Monday – Thursday 2:30 pm – 5:45 pm.
Worksite: Loara, Magnolia or Western High School
Wage: $14.53 per hour starting rate
Observe and monitor social and physical interactions between students; determine need for physical separation based on demonstrated anxiety or aggressiveness; follow modification techniques, as directed by Program Supervisor; encourage and reinforce appropriate social behaviors and communications.
Must be at least 18 years of age and have a H.S. Diploma or G.E.D.; experience working with children (paid or volunteer) preferred, but not required; bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred, but not required.
Part-Time/Non-Exempt. Must be available Monday – Friday from Noon – 6pm; hours may vary.
Anaheim Elementary School District ONLY.
Wage: $15.00 per hour
(For all after school positions)
Anaheim Achieves positions require applicants to pass a Proficiency Test in Reading, Language Arts, Writing, Grammar, Spelling, and Math skills. Download the Study Guide to help you prepare for the test.
All applicants must score 75% or higher in order to be considered for the position.
Other Job Openings
YMCA Employee Benefits
The Anaheim Family YMCA is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the professional development of staff, offering benefits and career opportunities. The YMCA offers an exceptional wage and benefits package for full-time employees, which includes:
Health & Dental Insurance
Time-off Benefits-vacation, sick leave, holiday
Funded Retirement Plan
Flexible Work Schedules
Discounted Program Fees